After completion of the course the student shall be able to
Knowledge and understanding
1. explain how conversion of energy commodities into electrical energy and heat is made
2. describe renewable energies, their possibilities, and problems
3. present current research and development work related to the course content
4. present the fundamental challenges of sustainable environment with a special focus on the challenges faced by future energy systems
5. present the construction of a district heating network, its theory, technique, and function as well as municipal power systems
Competence and skills
6. analyse technical solutions and system integration of sustainable and renewable energy
7. define and formulate a project work autonomously as well as plan and, using appropriate methods, undertake the same within predetermined time frames
8. in speech and writing report their project work and discuss their conclusions and the knowledge and arguments on which they are based
Judgement and approach
9. demonstrate awareness of ethical aspects of research and development work
10. make assessments informed by disciplinary issues related to the course content
11. make assessments informed by social issues related to the course content.
PrerequisitesCompletion of Bachelor's degree in technology or natural sciences of at least 180 credits, or equivalent foreign degree, at least 12 credits of which in thermodynamics and fluid mechanics, or equivalent knowledge.
The online application at antagning.se opens approximately one month before application deadline.
When you apply for a course you will be directed to the admission site where the code for your course will be pre-entered
More about admissions at universityadmissions.se
*) The online application at antagning.se opens approximately one month before application deadline.