The university invests in sustainable logistics
”The investment of the government in "Smart Industry" lies precisely in line with the areas we are working with to highlight industry,” says Lars Bengtsson Professor of Industrial Economics at the University of Gävle.
In 2016 the government adopted a new strategy for industrialisation so-called "smart industry". It concerns making new investments in industrial development and our county has a large number of industries.
The development of a more effective and sustainable logistics strategy plays a central role in this reform. The University of Gävle and CLIP (The Centre for Logistics and Innovative Production) are therefore making a large investment within the field of sustainable logistics by, for example, a new recruitment effort.
- Per Hilletofth, guest Professor of Logistics from Jönköping University
- Rodrigo Lozano, PhD in sustainability and editor-in-chief for the Journal of Cleaner Production
- Chris Dominic, lecturer in logistics, expert in the field of packaging logistics
- Hanna Hjerpe, lecturer in logistics formerly employer at Atlings Maskinfabrik
- Amer Jazayrli, doctoral student within the field of logistics with the emphasis on sustainability in (3PL) Third-party Logistics relations.
- Jennie Johansson, coordinator and logistics coach with a background from, amongst other places, Ericsson and smaller logistics companies.
- Human LEAN
- Sustainable logistics
- Supply chain development
- Innovation processes
“The four areas of CLIP are very appropriate in this investment, they are precisely the areas that the government prioritise,” says Lars Bengtsson.
Read more about CLIP
For further information, please contact:
Lars Bengtsson, Professor of Industrial Economics at the University of Gävle
Tel: 026-64 88 02, 070-631 23 91
Text: Douglas Öhrbom