Welcome to the University of Gävle’s big 40th anniversary party
Everyone is welcome to celebrate with us the 19th of May. Come and experience the university’s history, interesting lectures and many other fun activities. Join us whenever you can, the program is ongoing the whole day from 09.30 – 16.00.
- 20 scholars tell us about their research in a popular way. The lectures are centered on the university’s vision for a sustainable human living environment.
- Do not miss out on one of the highlights of the day: Follow us on a tour and experience Kungsbäck’s history - from regiment to university. The guide will be the former Major and head of information Lars Söderberg.
- Enter the university’s top-modern laboratories. Here you will encounter robots, which you will most likely hear about in the future, and smart patient-dolls that you can cure from all kind of diseases.
- Put on our 3D-glasses and step right into one of the old decorated farmhouses of Hälsingland. Feel the winds of history and listen to tales of the past.
- Take a look at the university’s library, one of Sweden’s most beautiful libraries. Stroll around in our facilities and let yourself be inspired. The student’s will help you find your way around.
- We have invited some famous lecturers: listen to Negra Efendic, winner of The Swedish Grand Prize for Journalism 2016, Mike Robinson, expert at UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites and Teo Härén who will speak about daring to think in new and different ways.
- And since scholars like cake too, there will also be cake available.
For more information please contact
Johanna Esplund, Communications officer at the University of Gävle
Phone: 026 – 64 87 16
Text: Douglas Öhrbom