New Student at University of Gävle

The University of Gävle is happy to welcome you as a new student. We hope you have a great time here and wish you the best of luck with your studies!

Introduction Day

Don't miss our introduction day for international students at the beginning of the semester.

Welcome the 31st of August!


The Student Centre

Contact the Student Centre for help with all your study related questions. 

Email studentcentrum@hig.se
  or visit us in building 22.

Five steps to get started

To get started with your studies please follow our five steps. The steps include how to get your login information and how to register for your courses. Click on the picture below for more information.

Illustration step 1 to 5

Student accommodation

You need to apply for accommodation yourself. Please remember to do so in good time before your arrival.

How to apply for student accommodation

Apply for a residence permit

If you are a non-EU citizen you need to apply for a residence permit. Start the process of applying for a residence permit as soon as possible. This can be a slow process and take several months. It is therefore good to get started as soon as possible!

International student guide

Our "International Student Guide" is an information folder with all the information you need as a student at the University of Gävle.

More information

International Students can find more information here.

Published by: Zara Lindahl Page responsible: Lisa Olsson Updated: 2018-04-18
Högskolan i Gävle
Box 801 76 GÄVLE
026-64 85 00 (växel)