Get started with your studies!
To be able to use the university web services, register for your courses, take out library books and more, you need to first go through our "Five steps to get started".
Introduction Day for all our international students Spring 2023
About the programme
Programme information from your programme director
The program is a is a distance-based educational program that offers the possibility to obtain a Master of Science in Energy Systems 120 credits from University in Gävle entirely off-campus. The official language throughout the studies is English. There are no restrictions related to geographical location. All courses can be followed online. The lectures will be available online on a web-based learning management system for watching at any time.
A strong emphasis is placed on dealing with energy engineering tasks with due consideration of technical, environmental and socioeconomic issues. The two-year Master Programme in Energy Systems offers further in-depth studies of energy systems in buildings are geared towards simulation, optimisation and measuring techniques of and in buildings.
You will learn a multi-dimensional approach, which means that the building is evaluated from different point of views as well as with different system boundaries. As evaluation methods, advanced measurements technique, energy simulation, computational fluid dynamic (CFD) simulation, psychological and cognitive functioning, intervention methods as well as life-cycle assessment (LCA) for quantification of the environmental impacts will be covered.
This unique programme will focus not only on system and component levels but also on all aspects from technology to human response and environmental impacts.
In preparation for your first course
Below you will find welcome letters for the first course(s) that you will take as part of your programme. You will find information about course registration, links to the course syllabus and reading list, timetable and more in your course welcome letter. Welcome letters for courses are published at the latest four weeks before the course start date.
Ask a Student
- There are a lot of things that students know more about than teachers and administrative staff - how it feels to be a student at the University of Gävle for example. Therefore, as part of the introduction, we have recruited a student who can offer you guidance and support.
- Student XXX can answer your questions about what it is like to be an student in Sweden and at the University of Gävle. XXX is available for questions weekdays until 9 September.
Service and Support
You need to apply for accommodation yourself. Please remember to do it in good time before your arrival. The University of Gävle does not provide any student accommodation.
Free Microsoft Office
As a student at the University of Gävle you have the opportunity to install
Microsoft Office on up to five computers. The Office package includes Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and Onenote.
The library is located in the middle of campus and is open to everybody. You can reach all digital resources such as e-books and e-journals after logging in with your user account.
- Residence permit
- If you are a non-EU citizen you need to apply for a residence permit. Start the process of applying for a residence permit as soon as possible. This can be a slow process and take several months. It is therefore good to get started as soon as possible!
At the Student Centre you will meet knowledgeable staff that can assist you in just about anything regarding your studies at the University of Gävle. The Student Centre is located in building 22. You will also find a café in this area and TV displays showing current information and the daily timetabling. If you have any study-related questions, you can contact the Student Centre at email@example.com
- Sometimes you need help to manage your studies and student life. At the University of Gävle we have several support functions to help you deal with various study-related situations, such as, for example, study guidance counselling, student health and welfare, and support for disabled students.
- If you have any questions about tuition fees, please find more information in our FAQ.
Web meetings with Zoom
- Zoom are a services for web meetings at the University of Gävle. You usually need a webcam and headset with a microphone.
- Web meetings with Zoom
Wireless network (wifi)
Eduroam (EDUcation ROAMing) gives you access to the Internet when you are staying on the University campus. It also provides internet access at other universities and colleges that are connected to eduroam. Eduroam also works at many airports, railway stations and hotels.