Get started with your studies!
To be able to use the university web services, register for your courses, take out library books and more, you need to first go through our "Five steps to get started".
Introduction Day for all our international students Spring 2023
About the programme
Programme introduction and registration
There will be a programme introduction on Monday 16 January 2023 at 13:00 (1 pm) The introduction will be one hour on Campus and via zoom. The programme introduction will be a good opportunity to meet and greet some of the faculty members involved in the programme courses and ask questions about the programme.
All new students are welcome to join and we look forward to meeting you.
Date: 16 January, 2023
Time: 13.00 – 14.00 (1 pm–2 pm)
Link to Zoom: https://hig-se.zoom.us/j/7019568694
The first period of the programme starts on Monday, 16 January. Make sure you participate from the first lecture as important course information is given during the introductory lecture.
Programme information from your programme director
Your studies within the programme include four periods as shown in the table beneath. Your academic year will start on 16 January, 2023, and end on 14 January, 2024.
30 credits per semester represent full-time studies. The programme as a whole consequently comprises 60 credits.
This is an on-campus programme and all the courses are held on campus. The following courses will be available within your programme:
Study period 3
Study period 4
Comparative Management Culture, 7,5 cr
Leadership and Gender, 7,5 cr
Customer Relationship Management, 7,5 cr
Marketing Theories, 7,5 cr
Study period 1
Study period 2
Master Thesis in Business Administration (mandatory)
During the second semester, you will choose two out of these three courses and also write the Master Thesis.
International Business Strategy
In preparation for your first courses
Below you will find welcome information for the first courses in the programme. You will find information about course registration, links to the course syllabus and reading list, timetable and more in the welcome letters. These are published at the latest four weeks before the course start date.
- Welcome information for your course - Comparative Management Culture 7,5 credits
- Welcome information for your course - Leadership and Gender 7,5 credits
- It is important that you register for both of the first courses (see above) and log into the course web page in Canvas. Get familiar with the course in Canvas and please read the “Course Guide” which is available in Canvas. The “Course Guide” gives you detailed information about the course and is a good way to prepare for your course.
Ask a Student
- There are a lot of things that students know more about than teachers and administrative staff - how it feels to be a student at the University of Gävle for example. Therefore, as part of the introduction, we have recruited a student who can offer you guidance and support.
- Student Hanna Djuphammar can answer your questions about what it is like to be an student in Sweden and at the University of Gävle. Hanna is available for questions weekdays from 9 December–27 January.
- E-mail adress to Hanna will be published 9 December.
Information from the Gefle Student Union
If you are a new student who has just arrived to Gävle, you are not alone. Finding meeting places and new friends is often where the fun begins. The Gefle Student Union work in conjunction with student organisations to improve courses, student social environments and many of the entertaining aspects available to you during your study period. To become involved in the Gefle Student Union is therefore a great opportunity to take part in and be able to influence student life and at the same time get to know students studying other subjects.
Don’t hesitate to send an e-mail to the Gefle Student Union and make sure to follow their social media accounts.
Service and Support
You need to apply for accommodation yourself. Please remember to do it in good time before your arrival. The University of Gävle does not provide any student accommodation.
Free Microsoft Office
As a student at the University of Gävle you have the opportunity to install
Microsoft Office on up to five computers. The Office package includes Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and Onenote.
The library is located in the middle of campus and is open to everybody. You can reach all digital resources such as e-books and e-journals after logging in with your user account.
- Residence permit
- If you are a non-EU citizen you need to apply for a residence permit. Start the process of applying for a residence permit as soon as possible. This can be a slow process and take several months. It is therefore good to get started as soon as possible!
At the Student Centre you will meet knowledgeable staff that can assist you in just about anything regarding your studies at the University of Gävle. The Student Centre is located in building 22. You will also find a café in this area and TV displays showing current information and the daily timetabling. If you have any study-related questions, you can contact the Student Centre at email@example.com
- Sometimes you need help to manage your studies and student life. At the University of Gävle we have several support functions to help you deal with various study-related situations, such as, for example, study guidance counselling, student health and welfare, and support for disabled students.
- If you have any questions about tuition fees, please find more information in our FAQ.
Web meetings with Zoom
- Zoom are a services for web meetings at the University of Gävle. You usually need a webcam and headset with a microphone.
- Web meetings with Zoom
Wireless network (wifi)
Eduroam (EDUcation ROAMing) gives you access to the Internet when you are staying on the University campus. It also provides internet access at other universities and colleges that are connected to eduroam. Eduroam also works at many airports, railway stations and hotels.