Go to eugreenalliance

Deferment of studies

 If you are admitted onto a programme, and cannot start studying on the prescribed time, you may be granted the permission to defer your studies, if there are particular reasons. Particular reasons may be social or medical reasons or concern other conditions like being called into military service for instance.

  • You must apply for a deferment in writing.
  • You must be able to certify your reasons, for instance with a certificate issued by a doctor.
  • Generally, you may be granted permission to defer your studies for up to 18 months, unless the circumstances are extraordinary.
  • When you want to start studying, you need to apply to the programme again at universityadmissions.se. Make sure you enclose a copy of the deferment decision.

Information concerning deferment and application form

Published by: Lisa Olsson Page responsible: Veronica Liljeroth Updated: 2020-09-08
Högskolan i Gävle
Box 801 76 GÄVLE
026-64 85 00 (växel)