Go to eugreenalliance

If you get ill

Here you will find information on who to contact if you get ill, emergency and non-emergency contact details and information about health insurance.

Emergencies and Medical Advice

  • For emergency assistance - call 112
  • For information and advise - call 1177

These numbers are both free of charge. You can also visit 1177.se for more information and medical advice. Their website can be translated to a range of different languages.

Healthcare Centres

If you need to visit a doctor you should book an appointment at a healthcare centre (vårdcentral). You can choose which healthcare centre you would like to be registered with. The University has a collaboration with Eira Health Centre where you are welcome to seek help.


EU/EES citizens should bring their Health Insurance Card. All other international students must arrange their own health insurance before coming to Sweden. It is also recommended for international students to arrange for liability insurance before coming to Sweden.

All universities in Sweden have personal accident insurance that covers students during school hours through the Legal, Financial and Administrative Services Agency.

Published by: Lisa Olsson Page responsible: Marie-Louise Holmberg Updated: 2022-10-07
Högskolan i Gävle
Box 801 76 GÄVLE
026-64 85 00 (växel)