Go to eugreenalliance

Study support for students with disabilities

As a student with a long-term disability, you can apply for disability study support to be able to study on equal terms.

Apply for study support

If you have a disability you are welcome to apply for study support. The term disability here refers to a permanent or long-term disability.

How to apply – step by step

  1. Apply via the national system Nais.  Attach a doctor's certificate stating your disability. You can upload a photo of the certificate with your phone. Note: The doctor's certificate must be in English or Swedish.
  2. The coordinator for disability study support will contact you to discuss appropriate support measures.
  3. The coordinator makes a decision where the support measures are outlined.
  4. The support measures are available to you via Nais.
  5. You need to show the support measures to your teachers and examiners at the beginning of each course, when you discuss your support with them.

Never send sensitive personal data about yourself such as medical certificates with health information, names and personal identification numbers to the university by email.

If you encounter problems with your application, use Chrome as your browser and check the size of the files you attach.

It may take time to arrange the solution that suits your needs, therefore contact us well in advance.

Coordinators for study support

Sofia Lagerberg Alfredsson

Sofia Lagerberg Alfredsson

Emil Sandfeldt

Emil Sandfeldt


E-mail: ps@hig.se

Telephone: +46 26-64 81 00

Phone Hours
Monday–Thursday 09.00–10.00

Published by: Sofia Lagerberg Alfredsson Page responsible: Veronica Liljeroth Updated: 2024-02-07
Högskolan i Gävle
Box 801 76 GÄVLE
026-64 85 00 (växel)