Which courses should you apply for?
The programme syllabus tells you which courses to apply for. The curriculum for your programme and the degree requirements for the degree you are aiming for should be the starting point for your choices. Some programmes have a fixed course of study and some programmes have elective courses in certain semesters. If you have any questions about this, please contact the director of your programme.
Programme syllabus (in Swedish)
Apply via universityadmissions.se
When you apply for your courses within your programme, you make your application on universityadmissions.se. Online application opens about four weeks before the last day of application.
Key dates and deadlines
This is how you log in
Go to universityadmissions.se and choose Log in. Select “Log in with university account” and select University of Gävle. Use the same log in as to your user account at University of Gävle and after that you are logged in. Check that your email address on “My pages” is correct since all information regarding your application will be sent there.
Go to Universityadmissions.se to apply
This is how you apply
- To be able to search for courses within your programme on antagning.se, you must be logged in as a programme student, as described above.
- Select "My choices" and then "Add programmes".
- You can, by using the filtering function, also click in the box "Show only courses within my programme that I can apply for". This will display all courses that are searchable within your programme.
- Select the right course you want to enrol in and click on "Add". Remember to prioritise your choices correctly if you are applying for both a programme course and an optional course.
- Click on "Continue" when you are done with your choices.
- Fill in the data under "Confirm" and then click "Submit" to finalise your application.
Date of the enrolment deadline
The deadline for registration is usually 15 October for the spring semester and 15 April for the autumn semester.
Keep in mind that the order of priority is important. If you are applying for single subject courses as well as programme courses, it is important that you give the programme courses higher priority than the single subject courses. If not, you will risk to be deleted from the courses you are taking within your programme, since you can be admitted to at most 45 credits a semester.
- Apply in good time to avoid possible overloading problems.
- You have to log in to Universityadmissions.se with the user account given to you via the University of Gävle to be able to apply for courses within your programme.
- Make absolutely sure that your application contains the right courses and make sure that you get a confirmation to your e-mail address that the application has been received. Save the e-mail!
- You must always reply to your admission decision on Universityadmission.se and My pages in order not to lose your admission/reserve placement.