This course focuses on how to measure, design, manage and optimize three important quality elements of products or systems: reliability, maintainability and safety (RMS). After completion of the course, the student shall be able to:
1. describe the role of RMS concepts and measurements in product design, manufacturing and logistics service
2. define explicitly the operational reliability, maintainability and safety of products, processes and logistics systems
3. characterize the main differences of the key RMS measurements in products, manufacturing processes and supply chain systems
4. identify the key activities of a RMS program under the umbrella of supply chain management
5. apply the methods to a practical operational problem or research project in R&D process, manufacturing, logistics and system.
6. explain the significance of Reliability, Maintainability and Safety Engineering from societal and ethical perspectives
7. make a comprehensive assessment of Reliability, Maintainability and Safety for systems
PrerequisitesEnglish language proficiency equivalent to (the Swedish upper secondary school) English course 6/B. Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent including a minimum of 15 credits in the basic course for Statistics, Total Quality Management or equivalent.
The online application at antagning.se opens approximately one month before application deadline.
When you apply for a course you will be directed to the admission site where the code for your course will be pre-entered
More about admissions at universityadmissions.se
*) The online application at antagning.se opens approximately one month before application deadline.