Exchange Students

To study as an exchange student at the University of Gävle you have been selected and nominated by our partner university in your home country. At the beginning of your stay an introduction will be held to help you get started with your studies and social life in Gävle.

Online application

When we have received your nomination as an exchange student from our partner university/your home university, we will send you an email with information on the application process and the link needed to apply.
For the Spring semester of 2020 you should apply online between September 1 and October 15. Please remember to attach all necessary information.

Course Catalogues

Course Catalogue Spring semester 2020

Course Catalogue Autumn semester 2019

Course Catalogue for Autumn semester 2020 and Spring semester 2021 will be published in March.

Please not that once the learning agreement is signed by all parties you can not make any changes of the courses starting at the begining of the semester. ( Period 1 for Autumn semester and period 3 for Spring semester).

Student accommodation

You have to apply for accommodation yourself at one of the housing companies. Please remember to do it well in advance before your arrival.

Important Information during your stay at University of Gävle

International coordinators

Elin Anttonen
Incoming Exchange Students
Phone: + 46 26 64 89 32
Room: 22:317

Anna Hansson
Incoming Exchange Students
Phone: + 46 26 64 85 00 
Room: 22:316



Opening hours at the International Office

Wednesdays 12-14

You are welcome to make an appointment during our Office hours by sending a mail to or by phone.

Published by: Anna Hansson Page responsible: Veronica Liljeroth Updated: 2020-02-25
Högskolan i Gävle
Box 801 76 GÄVLE
026-64 85 00 (växel)