Graduate Diploma in Intensive Care Specialist Nursing 60 cr

About the studies

After the studies


  • Postgraduate Diploma in Specialist Nursing- Intensive Care

More information

Education plan

Application information


Nursing degree comprising 180 ECTS credits, or - Degree at the undergraduate level that includes at least 180 ECTS credits, including 90 ECTS credits in the main area of nursing, nursing science or health sciences - Identification issued by Socialstyrelsen - Professional experience corresponding to at least 12 months of full-time service as a nurse In addition, knowledge of Swedish and English is required, corresponding to what is required for basic eligibility for Swedish higher education at the undergraduate level.


University credits

More information about the selection procedure

In the assessment of qualifications, 75% of the places are ranked on the basis of a merit value which in turn is based on the number of credits earned. The maximum here is 285 credits. The remaining places (25%) are ranked on the basis of the length of the applicant’s professional experience as a nurse: 12 months is the minimum and 60 months is the maximum here. Previous professional experience needs to be confirmed with a certificate of employment which states the time you have been employed. A contract of employment is not sufficient.


Application *
Autumn 2023
Normal teaching
2023 - 2024
Number of participants: 8
Location: Gävle
Application code: HIG-19317
Language: Swedish
Pace: Full-time
Autumn 2023
Normal teaching
2023 - 2024
Number of participants: 4
Location: Falun
Application code: HIG-19332
Language: Swedish
Pace: Full-time

*) The online application at opens approximately one month before application deadline.

Published by: Maria Åstrand Swenneke Page responsible: Veronica Liljeroth Updated: 2021-08-11
Högskolan i Gävle
Box 801 76 GÄVLE
026-64 85 00 (växel)