He received B.Sc. in Land Surveying Engineering (2000), and then the M.Sc. degree in Geodesy from K.N.Toosi University,Tehran, Iran in 2002, the Ph.D. degree from the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Stockholm, Sweden, in 2011. He promoted to Docent in Geodesy (2013). He is working as Professor at University of Gävle and Senior Researcher at KTH.
- “Stomnät i luften (Project Adapted Network-RTK for road construction projects)” supported by Swedish Transport Administration (Trafikverket) (2019-2022).
- Satellite monitoring of railways using InSAR (Trafikverket) (2020-2021).
- Spatial Data Innovation a research project supported by The Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth (Tillväxtverket) (2018-2021).
- Improvement in 3D mapping and accuracy assessment using aerial photogrammetry data supported by Lars E. Lunbderg’s foundation (2018-2020).
- Cost-effective data capturing using satellite images for subsidence monitoring in urban regions supported by SWECO and J. Gust. Richert foundation (2019-2020).
READ MORE ABOUT
- Applied Geodesy (Geodata quality, 3D modelling and precise positioning)
- Geodetic Reference Systems (vertical and horizontal systems)
- Deformation monitoring by geodetic techniques (space-based and terrestrial sensors)
- Satellite Gravimetry and geodynamics (Climate change, Geohazard, land uplift modelling)
- Satellite Altimetry (sea level rise, marine Geodesy)
- Airborne Gravimetry
- Determination of precise geoid for Iran based on the Stokes-Helmert scheme and its accuracy, Report 2003, National Cartographic Centre of Iran (NCC), TOTAK project, 2003, Iran.
- Studying Moho Topography and Its Density Contrast by GOCE, (2011-2012), a research project supported by Swedish National Space Board (Rymdstyrelsen), Project no. 76/10:1.
- Modeling the Earth’s crust by combining GOCE, terrestrial gravity and seismic data (2013-2014), a research project supported by Swedish National Space Board (Rymdstyrelsen).
- Deformation network design of man-made constructions, (2013-2014), a research project supported by Formas.
- Climate change detection by taking advantage of a future satellite mission: GRACE Follow-On supported by KTH space center (2017).
- Member of International Association of Geodesy (IAG).
- Member of Nordic Geodetic Commission, Working Group of Geoid and Height Systems.
- Swedish Cartographic Society (Kartografiska Sällskapet).
- Editor of Journal of Geodetic Science, (Versita company, 2010-2012), Member of Editorial Board of Journal of Geodetic Science, (Degruyter company, since 2013).
- Editorial board of the Geodesy and Cartography Journal (http://journals.pan.pl/gac) as an International
Advisory Board since 2020.
PhD students supervision
- Mehdi Shafiei Joud (2012-2016) , Co-supervisor, KTH, Stockholm, Sweden
- Majid Abrehdary (2013-2016) , Co-supervisor, KTH, Stockholm, Sweden
- Juan Manuel Alcacer Sánchez (Since 2013-2017), Co-supervisor, National University of San Juan, Argentina.
- Nureldin Gido (Since 2015). Main supervisor, KTH, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Hadi Amin (Since 2017). Main supervisor, University of Gävle.
- Arash Jouybari (Since 2018). Main supervisor, University of Gävle.
- Uliana Danila (Since 2019) Main supervisor, KTH, Stockholm, Sweden.