The joint programme in nursing at Lishui University, China
The joint programme in nursing at Lishui University, China, is the result of an ongoing collaboration between the University of Gävle and Lishui University. The programme, which results in a Chinese vocational degree in Nursing, a Chinese Bachelor of Arts degree in Nursing and a Swedish Bachelor of Arts degree in Nursing, runs in parallel with the Chinese-language nursing programme. The first intake of students started in 2014. The programme is a 4-year education with approximately 90 students/year. A total of eight yearly intakes is currently planned.
About 15 teachers from Gävle regularly travel to Lishui to teach in the courses given by our university:
- Introduction to nursing as a science (2,5 cr)
- Communication and nursing ethics – Nursing leadership and organization (12,5 cr)
- Public health and long-term illness from a caring perspective (7,5 cr)
- Evidence-based nursing and nursing theory (15 cr)
- Theories and research methodology in nursing (7,5 cr)
- Degree project in nursing (15 cr)
- Nursing English (no credits)
In addition to the Swedish courses in the programme, the collaboration also includes joint research projects. So far, two Chinese teachers from Lishui have visited Gävle to work on research projects together with their Swedish colleagues. Furthermore, teachers from Gävle provide education and support for the Chinese teachers regarding research and supervision of degree projects.