Licensed Medical Doctor; Professor of Public Health Sciences and Epidemiology, Associate Professor in Public Health Sciences (MIUN); Associate Professor in Social Medicine (KI)
EU-ABUEL (2008-2010); EU-PROMO (2008-2010); EU-Dove (2009-2013); ChildSA (2012-2015); GHOLDH (2012-2017); CAHI (2014-2019), Erasmus+ REVAMP (2019-2020).
READ MORE ABOUT
My main research interests are “Social determinants of Population Health" and “Population Dynamics and Health". Social determinants of health are the economic and social conditions -- and their distribution among the population -- that influence individual and group differences in health status. They are risk factors found in one's living and working conditions (e.g. the distribution of education, income, wealth, influence, power). The distribution of social determinants is shaped by public policies that reflect the influence of prevailing political ideologies of those governing a jurisdiction.
In my research, I explore these determinants throughout the life-span: childhood, adolescence, adulthood, and later life.
For more details regarding ongoing research projects and collaborating partners, see description of the SEPHV Research Group. Pdf, 215 kB.
Book/reports of EU projects which colleagues and I participated in as coordinators:
EU-ABUEL Pdf, 385 kB.
Work Package Partners, EU-PROMO Pdf, 462 kB.
The projects dealt with abuse and neglect among elderly people in 7 EU countries as well as Best Practices of Mental Health Care among 6 marginalised groups in 14 EU countries.
- GHOLDH (Gävle Household and labour Dynamics and Health Outcomes (2010-2014)
- EXUN (Experiences of Unemployment and Health in Sweden and Portugal) (2013-2015)
- ESPHE (Experiences of Employment Precariousness and Psychological Health (2015-2016)
- Labour Market and Occupational Health Inequalities (GHOLDH; EXUN, ESPHE)
Completed: B. Eslami (MIUN/2013), Ismail Yahaya (MIUN/2015), D. A. Sarastri (UA/2015), A. Kristin Eriksson (MIUN/2016); Ann-Sofie Hiswåls (MIUN/2017); S. Hesamedin Abassi (MIUN/2018), A. E. Zac. (KI/ 2012), DA (KI/ 2010).
Current: - Elias Militao, MSc Biotechnology. Thesis title: Food Insecurity Among Mozambican Workers: A social Epidemiologic Approach (MIUN)
- Afroza Begum, M Public Health. Thesis title: Suicide Ideation among Adolescents in Rural Bangladesh (MIUN)
- Elena Ahmadi, MSc Economics: Thesis title: Leadership Behaviour, Working Environment and Health in Award-winning Companies – a Manager and Subordinate Perspective (HiG).