Approved leave from studies and non-completion of studies

An approved leave from studies is a break in your study programme, for a fixed period, granted by the university. You retain your place on the programme and have guaranteed admission the following semester, provided the University of Gävle still offers the courses in question. If you terminate your studies without notifying the university you are considered to have made a non-completion.

Approved Leave from Studies

You need to apply for approved leave from studies if you want to have a break in your study programme for a fixed period.

Information about approved leave from studies and how to apply


You give a notification about non-completion if you want to terminate your studies. It means you will be removed from current participation and address lists, and so on, from the discontinuation date. The cancellation of your programme, or course, will be registered in Ladok.

Information about non-completion

Published by: Liselotte Laurila Page responsible: Maria Strand Updated: 2022-02-07
Högskolan i Gävle
Box 801 76 GÄVLE
026-64 85 00 (växel)