You can turn to the students’ and doctoral students’ ombudsman whenever you have questions, thoughts or experiencing a problem concerning your education or study situation.
This is what the students’ and doctoral students’ ombudsman does
- Inform, help, and support students and doctoral students in questions regarding student rights and responsibilities
- Assist in meetings between students and coworkers at the University and support students in ongoing processes regarding investigations
- Support to student who face the disciplinary board at the University of Gävle
The students’ and doctoral students’ ombudsman is available for all students on bachelor, advanced and PhD level. The students’ and doctoral students’ ombudsman has an advisory role when students and doctoral students at University of Gävle wants support in bringing forth a complaint or an opinion regarding study related issues.
The students’ and doctoral students’ ombudsman can also assist students by taking their issues forth to the appropriate office for investigation and handling.
According to the provisions of the Discrimination Act, if there is suspicion of harassment or sexual harassment, special regulations apply. The university is obligated to investigate any case where an employee of the university is made aware of such an occurrence.
The students’ and doctoral students’ ombudsman can
Be a neutral and independent instance between you as a student and the University
Help you understand your rights and obligations as a student. Guide and inform about routines and processes for complaints and appeals.
The students’ and doctoral students’ ombudsman can not
- take sides in the matter
- decide on the matter
- instruct or get instructed by units or decision-making bodies at the University of Gävle
- be an appeal body for issues already addressed and dealt with by other entities or decision-making bodies at the University of Gävle
The service is free of charge.