Students with disabilities

As a student with a disability, you can apply for educational support to make your studies here easier. If you are in need of disability adaptations and support measures, do not hesitate to ask.

Apply for educational support

If you have a disability you are welcome to apply for educational support. The term disability here refers to a permanent or long-term disability.

How to apply for educational support - step by step

  1. Apply via the national system Nais (link below).  Attach a doctor's certificate stating your disability. You can upload a photo of the certificate with your phone. Note: The doctor's certificate must be in English or Swedish.

  2. The coordinator will contact you for a discussion on appropriate support measures.

  3. The coordinator makes a decision where the support measures are outlined.

  4. You need to show the decision to your teachers and examinators at the beginning of each course, when you discuss your educational support with them.

It may take time to arrange the solution that suits your needs, so contact us well in advance.

Kina profilbild

Christina Edin

Sofia Lagerberg Alfredsson

Sofia Lagerberg Alfredsson

Kerstin Åberg

Kerstin Åberg

Contact Information

Christina Edin
Coordinator for students with disabilities

Sofia Lagerberg Alfredsson
Student coach and Coordinator for students with disabilities

Kerstin Åberg (on leave)
Coordinator for students with disabilities


+46(0)26–64 86 41
Tuesdays 09.00–10.00

Wednesdays 10.00–12.00
Please announce your visit in the Student Centre reception (building 22).

Opening hours during summer 2018

All summer

Phone hour Tuesdays 09.00-10.00

Juni 4 - August 26

No drop-in


Published by: Lisa Olsson Page responsible: Veronica Liljeroth Updated: 2018-08-17
Högskolan i Gävle
Box 801 76 GÄVLE
026-64 85 00 (växel)