LÄS MER OM
1992-04-27, Energy Systems, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Linköping University, Sweden
1998, Docent in Applied Thermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Linköping University, Sweden
- Professor in Energy Systems since 2000, Division of Building, Energy and Environmental Engineering, Department of Technology and Environment, University of Gävle
- Professor in Energy Systems since 2001 and Chairman of Division of Energy Systems (2001 – present), Department of Management and Engineering, Linköping University
- Chairman of Division of Energy Systems, Department of Management and Engineering, Linköping University (2001 – present)
- Deputy vice-chancellor for Research, University of Gävle (2015 – 2017)
- Dean of Education and Research, University of Gävle (2000 – 2014)
- Chairman of Division of Energy Systems, Department of Technology, University of Gävle (2001 – 2008)
Visiting Scholar at international universities
Trondheim Institute of Technology Norway (1991), University of Orléans France (2000 and 2001). Massachusetts Institute of Technology MIT USA (1998), University of Delft, The Netherlands (2002), University of Navara, Spain (2007). I have/had also collaboration with the following universities; University of Sydney in Australia, Stanford University in US, University of Sevilla in Spain, University of Reading in England, and Zhuhai University in China.1998.
Main supervisor of PhD thesis, completed
Hans Jonsson (2002), Mathias Cehlin (2006), Fredrik Karlsson (2006), Raul Anton (2007), Sofia Klugman (2008), Patrik Rohdin (2008), Daniel Rundström (2009), Inger-Lise Svensson (2011), Huijuan Chen (2014), Shahriar Ghahremanian (2015), Klas Svensson (2015), Setareh Janbakhsh (2015), Ali Joudi (2015), Linn Liu (2017), Ulf Larsson (2018), Lina La Fleur (2019), Mohammad Jahedi (2021)
Main supervisor of licentiate thesis, completed
Ulf Larsson (1999), Elisabeth Nord-Ågren (2002), Tobias Törnström (2003), Harald Andersson (2019), Jessika Steen Englund (2020)
Postdoctoral researcher promoted to associate professor (docent) under my leadership
Magnus Karlsson (2006), Taghi Karimipanah (2009), Louise Trygg (2011), Alemayehu Gebremedhin (2011), Patrik Thollander (2013), Patrik Rohdin (2014), Maria Andersson (2018), Maria Johansson (2020)
Postdoctoral researcher in my research projects
Dr. Böjan Nicenco 2002, Dr. Fredrik Karlsson 2007 – 2009, Dr. Gorka Sanchez 2011, Dr. Patrik Rohdin 2009 – 2012, Dr. Patrik Thollander 2009 – 2012, Dr. Mark Tummers 2012 – 2014 and Dr. Klas Svensson 2015 – 2017
Postdoctoral researcher promoted to associate professor (docent) under my leadership
Dr. Magnus Karlsson (2006), Dr. Taghi Karimipanah (2009), Dr. Louise Trygg, (2011), Dr. Alemayehu Gebremedhin (2011), Dr. Patrik Thollander (2013), Dr. Patrik Rohdin (2014), Dr. Maria Andersson (2018)
Other professional activities
- Keynote speaker, invited speaker, invited expert, chairman and co-chairman, member of the scientific advisory committee and the organizing committee at many national and international conferences e.g. in Australia, Bahrain, Finland, Thailand, Oman, South Korea, Switzerland, United Emirate, England, USA.
- Expert for the Swedish Parliament for Sustainable cities 2010 and 2011.
- Member of the Swedish delegation to China and South Korea for establishment of research collaboration between Sweden – China and Sweden – South Korea in the field of innovation, energy and environment, 2012 and 2015.
- Expert for evaluating research proposals for funding agencies in Sweden, England, Finland, South Korea, Switzerland and EU.
- External examiner, chair and member of the examination committee of many PhD theses.
- Chairman of the World Renewable Energy Congress 2011 – Sweden, Linköping 8–13 May 2011 hosted by the Linköping University.
- Expert for the Swedish National Agency for Higher Education.
- Member of evaluating group for science and technology for the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency Sida.
- Subtask leader for the IEA Annex 51 - Energy Efficient Communities: Case Studies and Strategic Guidance for Urban Decision makers acting under IEA International Energy Agency, Energy Conservation in Buildings and Community Systems Programme.
- Guest editor for Journal of Renewable Energy and International Journal of Ventilation.
- Member of the editorial board of international journal Frontiers in Mechanical Engineering, section Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning.
- Member of scientific Committee for the Research School Energy Systems.
- Member of the steering committee for the Research School Resource Efficient Energy System in Built Environment REESBE.
- Member of Advisory Board for the Swedish Energy Agency research program Effesys expand.
- Interview in media and branch journals for several times.
- External assessor for promotion to Docent and Professor in Sweden and aboard.
- Member of the World Renewable Energy Network.
- Professor Moshfegh have/had research collaborations with many industries, the list below presents some selected companies. AstraZeneca, Arla AB, Volvo AB, Scania AB, Dynamte AB, Electrolux AB, Nokia, Ericsson AB, Panasonic, Emerson Energy Systems AB, SAAB BillerudKorsnäs AB, Stora Enso AB, Sandvik AB, Ovako AB, SSAB AB, Höganäs AB, Uddeholm stål AB, Sandviken Energi AB, Gävle Energi AB, Tekniska Verken i Linköping AB, Tele energy AB, Falu Energi & Vatten AB, Borlänge energi AB, and Karskär Energi AB, SanktKors AB, Stångåstaden AB, Gavlegårdarna AB, Gavle Fastigheter AB, BRAVIDA AB, Skanska Installation AB, ABB Ventilation Products AB, Stravent AB, InventAir AB, Repus AB, Stifab Farex AB.
- Prof. Moshfegh received the World Renewable Energy Pioneers’ awards 2014 for the outstanding contributions to the development of renewable energy, the award received at the World Renewable Energy Congress (WREC 2014), London, England.
- Prof. Moshfegh’s research on Advanced cooling technology for development of advanced metals has been qualified in the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences IVA's 100 list 2020 - Research for Sustainable Competitiveness.
At the present time Professor Moshfegh is the leader of five research projects. Professor Moshfegh received his grants mainly from the Swedish Energy Agency, the Swedish Research Council FORMAS, the Swedish Research Council VR, Vinnova, the Knowledge Foundation KKS and Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth. Prof. Moshfegh has received more than 150 MSEK in grants as main applicant and more than 300 MSEK as co-applicant during the last 25 years. Prof. Moshfegh has been the project manager for six projects with funding over 10 MSEK. Prof. Moshfegh as Deputy Vice-Chancellor for Research (2015–2017) had the privilege to be responsible for research strategy and quality, and allocation of resources for more than 300 researchers at the University of Gävle.
Short presentation of Professor Moshfegh’s research interests
Professor Moshfegh has rather broad research interests, and has been active in many areas of energy systems and indoor environment. He has been engaged in research in the following areas: mathematical modelling and measuring techniques for air and energy flow in buildings and industrial premises, district heating systems, energy renovation of buildings, energy-efficient ventilation, heating and cooling systems, efficient cooling of photovoltaics (PV) system and integration in building façade and roofs, passive and active energy systems. His research covers both inhabited and unoccupied ventilated spaces and premises, where the demands for cooling, heating and climatization are considerable. Minimizing energy usage in buildings and industrial premises, the supply of good indoor air and thermal comfort, secure removal of pollution and efficient air distribution are other scientific goals. The scientific project encompasses the system level, as well as detailed investigations of air movements and heat transfer in buildings, industrial premises and enclosures. For inhabited spaces the research covers the whole chain from technology to people, taking the needs of human occupants into account. At the present time my current research on development a methodology for the techno-economic assessment of potential for energy saving in the renovation of heritage buildings and million programs buildings as well as a new triangular approach for the study of energy use and indoor climate, as well as suggestions for improving energy efficiency in historic buildings shows promising results.
Prof. Moshfegh is also one of the very few experts in Sweden in cooling technology with more than 20 years of collaborations with electronic industry, ventilation industries and steel companies. Prof. Moshfegh has great experience in development of innovative and energy efficient cooling technology using impinging jet and impinging spray cooling methods which can cover the thermal management range suitable for the metal products and applications involved. Prof. Moshfegh’s research on Advanced cooling technology for development of advanced metals has been qualified in the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences IVA's 100 list 2020 -
Research for Sustainable Competitiveness.
Professor Moshfegh's research also covers development and application of different scientific tools, e.g. mathematical modelling of fluid flow and heat transfer, simulations and optimizations as well as validation of numerical predictions by applying various advanced experimental techniques.
Prof. Moshfegh also advices and guides his Master students, PhD students and staffs, when it is suitable, for established and aspiring entrepreneurs. A number of them have established their own business e.g. Martin Sellö founded of Inventiair AB, Mohammad Jahedi Thermalsol, Patrik Thollander and Magnus Karlsson founded of Nordic Energy Audit AB.
Professor Moshfegh has authored or co-authored more than 200 papers and research reports, mainly published in international journals or at international conferences with referee.
Total citations: 2286, h-index: 28, i10: 64 (information from Scopus 2021-03-18).