Some sample recent publications include the following:
· Moon S, Rhim S, Cho Y-J, Park K-H and Virk GS, Summary of recent standardization activities in the field of robotics, accepted to appear in Robotica, 2011.
· Virk GS and Moon S, Safety of emerging service robots, Proc of 14th Int Conference on Climbing and Walking Robotics (CLAWAR´11), Paris, France, 6-8 Sept 2011.
· Lin J, Virk GS and Leon-Rodriguez H, Human-like walking bipedal robots, Poster presented at 46th International Universities´ Power Engineering Conference (UPEC´11), Soest, Germany, 5-8 September 2011.
· Kamagaluh B, Nyoman I, and Virk GS, LEAKBOT: Multi-terrain Climbing Robot for Petrochemical Applications, Poster presented at 46th International Universities´ Power Engineering Conference (UPEC´11), Soest, Germany, 5-8 September 2011.
· Harper C, Virk GS and Bates M, Enhancing risk assessment for safer robot-human interaction, 4th International Workshop on human-friendly robots, University of Twente, The Netherlands, 8-9 November, 2011.
· Gatsoulis Y, Virk GS and Dehghani-Sanij AA, On the measurement of telepresence for effective human-robot interaction in teleoperated systems, Journal of Cognitive Engineering and Decision making, 2011.
· Virk GS, The emergence of personal care and medical robots, Viewpoint invited article, Industrial Robot Journal, Volume 38, Issue 3, 2011.
· Virk GS, Facilitating safe close Human-Robot interaction and Medical Robots, International Colloquium on Medical Robots, Massey University, New Zealand, 19 January 2011.
· Harper C and Virk GS, Toward the development of International safety standards for human robot interaction, Int Journal of Social Robotics, pp 229-234, Vol 2, No 3, Sept 2010.
· Virk GS, Safety standard for personal care robots, European Journal of Mechanical and Environmental Engineering, Vol 2010-2, 2010.
· Kadar EE, Fisher PC and Virk GS, Overcoming time constraints on odour source localisation, Proc of 13th Int Conference on Climbing and Walking Robotics (CLAWAR´10), pp268-275, Nagoya, Japan, 31Aug - 3 Sept 2010.
· Dogramadzi S, Virk GS, Tokhi MO, Harper, C, Service robot ethics, Proc of 12th Int Conference on Climbing and Walking Robotics (CLAWAR´09), pp133-139, Istanbul, 9-11 Sept 2009.
· Moon S, Rhim, S, Cho J-Y and Virk GS, International standardization activities in robotic fields, Proc of 12th Int Conference on Climbing and Walking Robotics (CLAWAR´09), pp 140-146, 2009.
· Virk GS, Safety standard for personal care robots, Proc of 12th Int Conference on Climbing and Walking Robotics (CLAWAR´09),, pp 147-154, 2009.
· Andria G, Lanzolla A, Piccininni F and Virk GS, Design and characterization of solar-assisted heating plant in domestic houses, IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol 57, Issue 12, pp2711-2719, 2008.
· AbulHadi M, Al-Ibrahim AM, Virk GS and Azzi D, Soft-computing model based controllers for increased photovoltaic plant efficiencies, IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol 22, No 4, pp 873-880, December 2007.
· Lytridis C, Kadar EE and Virk GS, A systematic approach to the problems of odour source localisation, Autonomous Robots - Special Issue on Mobile Robot Olfaction, Vol 20, pp 261-276, 2006.
· Virk GS, Measurement and Production Control of Woven Mesh, International Patent Application Number PCT-GB90-00484, 1990.
· Virk GS, Thermal energy systems and apparatus, British Patent Application Number 0518218.3, 7 September 2005.
· Peckitt NS and Virk GS, A method of producing conjoined implant systems with friction locking, International Application Number PCT/IB2010/000476, 23 Feb 2009.