The research experience is in the area of special education development with a special focus on:
- Eastern European countries, meeting circumstances of deep economical polarization and poverty
- how the political agenda of these countries is challenging institutional practices for the most vulnerable groups of children
- children with different impairments and needs and learning problems; the ‘image’ of family life of families with children with impairments
- transcendental ethics in unique family contexts (including the area of alternative and augmentative communication - AAC).
- Methodology research: phenomenology hermeneutics, case study, comparative studies.
A research project, supporting this research area: Vetenskapsrådet - N2011-41249-90774-43 [01.01.2012 - 31.12.2014, 31.03.2016]. The title of the project: Human resources in poverty and disability: family perspective (in cooperation with Ukraine and Moldova); operated by the Center of Russian and Eurasian Studies at Uppsala University