Period for course registration in Ladok: 14–27 August.
|Course and application code|
|Study period and pace|
This course is a half-time course given between weeks 35–44
|Syllabus and reading list|
|Questions about registration and admission|
FEA260 Leadership and Gender aims to introduce and assist students in understanding the importance of gender when doing business. Whether you work in Sweden or the international context, understanding the role of gender in leadership is essential. The course provides theoretical and practical knowledge of leadership from a gender perspective. The main goal of the course is to give students the possibility to understand why gender issues are important for organizations, leadership, the individual, and society.
The grading of the course is based on five assessment tasks:
1. Warm-up seminar – hybrid (individual and team) assignment
2. Case seminar – team assignment
3. Chapter and Article Analysis – team assignment
4. Reflection paper – hybrid (individual and team) assignment
5. Home examination – individual assignment
Note: Detailed information about these tasks is available in the Course Guidelines that you will find in Canvas.
FEA260 Leadership and Gender is a Campus course. All information dissemination will be done through Canvas, the university’s web-based learning management system. Thus, you are expected to be registered and familiarized with our course in Canvas before the first meeting.
The course employs a blended learning style of education. This means that WE blend online and digital learning components with in-class activities. It implies that you will have diverse learning activities throughout the course. The course will be delivered in English, including oral presentations, discussions, and written materials.
I am looking forward to meeting you on the Course Introduction on September 1 at 09:00 in room 31:329.
Textbooks: Alvesson, M. and Due Billing, Y., 1997/2009, Understanding Gender and
Organizations, London: Sage publications, about 229 pages.
Scientific articles: To be announced about 200 pages
The course is given by the Faculty of Education and Business Studies.
Registration for exams, including re-takes, is mandatory. You can register for exams via Ladok. You need to register at least ten days before the exam date. If you didn't register in time, you can not take your exam. No exceptions are made from this rule, we do not accept registrations when the deadline is passed.
If you are a distance study student and want to take your exam off-campus, you need to apply to do so at least three weeks prior to the exam date.
Service and Support
You need to apply for accommodation yourself. Please remember to do it in good time before your arrival. The University of Gävle does not provide any student accommodation.
Free Microsoft Office
As a student at the University of Gävle you have the opportunity to install Microsoft Office on up to five computers. The Office package includes Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and Onenote.
The library is located in the middle of campus and is open to everybody. You can reach all digital resources such as e-books and e-journals after logging in with your user account.
- Residence permit
- If you are a non-EU citizen you need to apply for a residence permit. Start the process of applying for a residence permit as soon as possible. This can be a slow process and take several months. It is therefore good to get started as soon as possible!
At the Student Centre you will meet knowledgeable staff that can assist you in just about anything regarding your studies at the University of Gävle. The Student Centre is located in building 22. You will also find a café in this area and TV displays showing current information and the daily timetabling. If you have any study-related questions, you can contact the Student Centre at email@example.com
- Sometimes you need help to manage your studies and student life. At the University of Gävle we have several support functions to help you deal with various study-related situations, such as, for example, study guidance counselling, student health and welfare, and support for disabled students.
- If you have any questions about tuition fees, please find more information in our FAQ.
Web meetings with Zoom
- Zoom are a services for web meetings at the University of Gävle. You usually need a webcam and headset with a microphone.
- Web meetings with Zoom
Wireless network (wifi)
Eduroam (EDUcation ROAMing) gives you access to the Internet when you are staying on the University campus. It also provides internet access at other universities and colleges that are connected to eduroam. Eduroam also works at many airports, railway stations and hotels.