Period for course registration in Ladok: 15 August – 28 August.
|Course and application code|
RVA012 13221 Master,
13204 freestanding course
|Study period and pace|
This course is given at a full-time pace between weeks 35-44.
Telephone: 0046 26 648425
|Questions about registration and admission|
Welcome to the course Future Environment, Health and Work!
The course is a internet-based distance course with 100 % study-pace The studies are based on individual responsibility, active search for knowledge, critical approach and reflection.
The lectures as well as the seminars will be given via the distance tool Zoom. The course examinations are in form of written examinations, oral presentations and seminar examinations. The course starts week 35, Wednesday August 31 at 10:15-12, with a course introduction via Zoom. Following course dates are: Wednesday September 28th and Wednesday November 2nd.
We have no meetings on Campus and use the learning platform Canvas for communication. That includes handing in assignments and assessments. On Canvas you will find important documents, like the curriculum and the course literature-list, and above all the study guidance which will guide you through the whole course.
For you who are English speaking, the Swedish literature can be replaced.
The following books and sites are suggested:
• The handbook of health promotion
• The handbook of salutogenesis
• Frishammar, Johan & Ericson, Åsa (red.) (2018). Addressing societal challenges [Electronic resource]. Luleå: Luleå tekniska universitet. Available on Internet
• Ron Epstein (2018) Responsible Living. Explorations in Applied Buddhist Ethics - Animals, Environment, Gmos, Digital Media
• Stables, Kay. & Keirl, Steve. (2015). Environment, Ethics and Cultures: Design and Technology Education’s Contribution to Sustainable Global Futures. Rotterdam: Sense Publishers
The course is given by the Faculty of Education and Business Studies
Registration for exams, including re-takes, is mandatory. You can register for exams via Ladok. You need to register at least ten days before the exam date. If you didn't register in time, you can not take your exam. No exceptions are made from this rule, we do not accept registrations when the deadline is passed.
If you are a distance study student and want to take your exam off-campus, you need to apply to do so at least three weeks prior to the exam date.
Service and Support
You need to apply for accommodation yourself. Please remember to do it in good time before your arrival. The University of Gävle does not provide any student accommodation.
Free Microsoft Office
As a student at the University of Gävle you have the opportunity to install Microsoft Office on up to five computers. The Office package includes Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and Onenote.
The library is located in the middle of campus and is open to everybody. You can reach all digital resources such as e-books and e-journals after logging in with your user account.
- Residence permit
- If you are a non-EU citizen you need to apply for a residence permit. Start the process of applying for a residence permit as soon as possible. This can be a slow process and take several months. It is therefore good to get started as soon as possible!
At the Student Centre you will meet knowledgeable staff that can assist you in just about anything regarding your studies at the University of Gävle. The Student Centre is located in building 22. You will also find a café in this area and TV displays showing current information and the daily timetabling. If you have any study-related questions, you can contact the Student Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sometimes you need help to manage your studies and student life. At the University of Gävle we have several support functions to help you deal with various study-related situations, such as, for example, study guidance counselling, student health and welfare, and support for disabled students.
- If you have any questions about tuition fees, please find more information in our FAQ.
Web meetings with Zoom
- Zoom are a services for web meetings at the University of Gävle. You usually need a webcam and headset with a microphone.
- Web meetings with Zoom
Wireless network (wifi)
Eduroam (EDUcation ROAMing) gives you access to the Internet when you are staying on the University campus. It also provides internet access at other universities and colleges that are connected to eduroam. Eduroam also works at many airports, railway stations and hotels.