As a graduate from the programme, you will receive a degree in the main field of study environmental science which offers:
- Broad and in-depth knowledge within the subject environmental science
- Strategies and tools to make a difference, especially within decision-making at different levels of analysis
- The ability to make a difference in the journey towards increased sustainability, both within the private and the public sector
- The ability to lead and organise projects
- The ability to engage in environmental impact assessment in relation to humans, objects and systems
Generic abilities, especially the abilities to analyse, to predict, to critically evaluate, to lead and to make decisions as well as the abilities to conduct investigations and to gather information that guides decision makers.
Many career opportunities
As a graduate from this programme, there will be many possible positions connected to the environment and sustainable development available to you, in the private and the public sector as well as within consulting services. Typical positions are environmental/climate strategist, environmental controller, environmental administrator, environmental inspector, environmental coordinator, environmental/sustainability manager, and sustainability organisational.
Are you interested in research? This programme is a solid basis for your academic career. A third-cycle programme provides you with opportunities for in-depth, specialised studies. At University of Gävle, we conduct research on sustainable development within a number of exiting fields.
The world needs your professional skills
As we face increasingly greater environmental challenges, the demand for you will increase. Environmental and sustainability issues have become strategically important within an increasing number of organisations and businesses. Your future workplace could be a large or medium-sized enterprise, a consulting company, an organisation or a position within the public sector—on a local, regional, national or global level. Environmental issues are global and so is your labour market.