Go to eugreenalliance

Taking an exam off-campus

Some distance education courses require students to take proctored exams. A proctored exam is taken off-campus and is supervised, just as it would be for a course taken on campus.

How to apply

  1. Contact the university/study centre/embassy where you wish to take your exam to confirm that they can accommodate you. An off-campus exam must be on the same date and in the same time as it is given in Gävle.
  2. Apply for an exam off-campus via our web form below. The application must be submitted no later than three weeks (21 days) before the exam date.
  3. Your application will processed within 5 business days. If you have not received a decision by email (approved or denied application) within 5 business days, please contact studentsupport@hig.se so we can check that your application has reached us.

Rules and requirements for off-campus exams

Who can apply to take an exam off-campus?

  • Distance learning students
  • Students who are doing their military service
  • Students who have moved from Gävle but still have courses to complete.

What rules apply for off-campus exams?

It is your responsibility to make the arrangements with the university, study centre, Swedish embassy or consulate where you wish to take the exam. You are also responsible for checking that the examination paper is available on the actual exam day.

The University of Gävle exam rules and regulations apply.

  • An invigilator must be present in the room throughout the entire examination.
  • The exam off-campus must be on the same date and in the same time as it is given in Gävle.
  • The student pays any costs incurred in connection with the exam off-campus.

I want to apply for an off-campus exam. Do I also have to register for the exam through Ladok?

No, only students who are taking their exam in Gävle have to register through Ladok.

Published by: Camilla Haglund Page responsible: Maria Strand Updated: 2022-10-10
Högskolan i Gävle
Box 801 76 GÄVLE
026-64 85 00 (växel)